WHO WE ARE
Our website address is https://parentsportal.co.za hereafter referred to as the website
WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect your PI when you:
- register on the website as either a user or business;
- list a business on the website;
- contact a business using either the contact form or request a quote from a business using the quote request form;
- purchase an item being sold by a business listed on the website;
- leave a review of a listed business;
What personal data we collect, store and make available to users of the website
When you register on the website we collect the information provided in the registration form and your IP address.
- List a business
When you list a business on the website we collect the information provided by yourself when completing the business listing form and your IP address. This information is available to be viewed by ourselves and people visiting the website. People visiting the website are not able to view your IP address.
- Contact a business
When you contact a business listed on the website by making use of either the contact form or quote request form available on the business listing we collect the information provided by yourself and your IP address. This information is stored on the website visible to the user who listed the business and ourselves. This information is also forwarded to the business by email. Your IP address is not visible to businesses you have contacted.
- Make a purchase
When you make a purchase from a business listed on the website we collect the information provided in the checkout process including your contact details, address and IP address. This information is stored on the website visible to the user who listed the business and is selling the product and ourselves. This information is also forwarded to the business by email. Businesses are not able to see your IP Address.
- Leave a review
When you leave a review of a business listed on the website we collect the information provided in the review form. This information is forwarded to the business by email and is available to be viewed by people viewing the website.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
We also collect your PI using cookies about when and how you use our websites, apps, or when you click on an advert of ours that is contained on another website. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device when you use it.
Cookies hold information such as the identity of the computer or device you used to access our Channels, your server address, domain name, the time and date that you visited our Channels, pages, product, and documentation that you accessed or viewed and which internet browser you used. We do this so that we can provide you with more personalized service, communication, and products by better understanding your browsing and behavior; track, count and analyze website visits and usage data; understand product preferences and popularity; improve our websites and your online shopping experience. We use trusted third-party services including Google Analytics that collect, monitor, and analyze our users’ usage.
To prevent your PI from being used by Google Analytics you can install an opt-out browser add-on (visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout for details). Most web browsers can be adjusted to inform you when a cookie has been sent to you and provide you with the opportunity to refuse that cookie. Refusing a cookie may, in some cases, preclude you from using, or negatively impact, the display or function of our websites or certain areas or features of our websites.
- Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Information we do not collect and store
Payments for listing your business and the purchase of products and or vouchers are made using a third party payment gateway. None of the information provided to them is made available to the website
How long we retain your data
Your data is retained indefenitely by the website. If you listed a business and your listing expires and is unpublished, the data is continued to be stored by the website in the case that you might want to relist your business but is not available to be viewed by visitors to the website
What rights you have over your data
If you have submitted and data or personal information to us you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
parentsportal.co.za confirms to the following:
1. Not disclose or otherwise make available the Personal Information to any third party other than required by law, authorized staff or sub-contractors who require access to such Personal Information strictly in order to carry out their obligations pursuant to our obligations.
2. Ensure that our employees, agents, subsidiaries, representatives, subcontractors and any other persons that have access to the Personal Information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality and non-use obligations in respect to the Personal Information.
3. Comply with the provisions of the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act 4 of 2013 and/or any other prevailing privacy and data protection legislation governing the collection, use and processing of Personal Information as defined in the relevant legislation.
4. Only act on the instruction of you in collecting, processing and utilising Personal Information.
5. Not process Personal Information for any purpose other than to perform our obligations to you, and to ensure that such processing will not place us in breach of the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act 4 of 2013 and/or any privacy and data protection laws or stated requirements.
6. Take appropriate, reasonable, technical and organisational measures to ensure that the integrity and confidentiality of the Personal Information in our possession, or under our control, is secure and that such Personal Information is protected against accidental loss, destruction, damage, unlawful access and / or processing.
7. Immediately notify you in case of possible infringements of the applicable data protection legislation, the terms of this agreement or other irregularities by ourselves, our staff of any other party acting on our behalf in relation to the Personal Information.
8. Return or destroy the Personal Information once it is no longer required for the purpose of performing our obligations to you or any directly related purpose unless required by law to keep for a longer period.
9. Only transfer Personal Information across a country border with your prior written consent. In this regard, you shall ensure that any such transfer of any Personal Information across country border complies with applicable laws.
10. Please notify us as soon as possible if you want us to remove your personal information from our data list by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
Contact us for more information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org